MY ACCOUNT | CREATE NEW ACCOUNT
At Park Plaza, we believe in providing a hotel experience that is tailored to the individual and their needs.
As the friendly face of Park Plaza County Hall Hotel (399 Guest bedrooms), you will do more than just welcome our guests. The key role for you as our Assistant Night Manager will be to ensure that the service provided by the Night Reception team is beyond the normal guest experience that would be expected by our guests. Your helpful, can-do approach and passion for great service will create an amazing impression each and every time.
We are looking for our Assistant Night Manager who:
- Follows guidance and instructions given by the leadership team, supported by the company’s standard operating procedures related to but not limited to appropriate and relevant Departmental SOPs/policies & procedures and related hotel Health & Safety regulations.
- Handles personal information confidentially and shows ethical and social responsibilities.
- Communicates effectively with Guests/HOD/Team Members/ Executive Management via written correspondence, phone, technological platforms and face-to-face.
- Accountability Actively participates in assisting to achieve department goals and objectives and carry out assigned work by HOD and supervisors. Actively engage in your own personal development to benefit the business and improve your personal skills – probationary period reviews, annual appraisals, and attending training and development courses. Actively participate in weekly/monthly departmental meetings and any other meetings that you are required to attend.
- Engages with guests, colleagues, and all hotel departments. Ensure feel part of the hotel team & encompass PPHE values.
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability when dealing with guests’ requests or complaints, assisting colleagues or other departments and the changing demand and priorities of the business.
- Creates a welcoming atmosphere and personalised service for each individual external and internal guest having an eye for detail and responding appropriately to guests, colleagues, and leadership feedback.
- Actively contributes to your immediate as well as wider Park Plaza County Hall team, uses all forms of communication appropriate for each situation and displays positive and open body language. Identifying opportunities and improvements to ways of working whilst being solution focussed to the operational needs of the hotel.
- Provides Leadership through leading by example and assists in clearly communicating both operational & strategic information, ongoing customer feedback, ensuring team members/colleagues are trained & developed, empowering your team, and providing an inspiring service culture through briefings, team meetings, and allocation of resources. Being present at key busy times.
- Share best practices regarding efficiency, profitability, and productivity.
- Ensure that all activities are following national laws and regulations, management decisions and PPHE Hotel Group operating policies, processes, and procedures.
- Performs Assistant Head of Department duties connected to all Night and Front Office operations, and making crucial decisions
As our Assistant Night Manager, you will receive:
- Two wellness days per year, meaning all team members start with 30 days of holiday per year (pro rata) – these increases with service!
- Salary: £27,000 per annum plus great benefits
- Shift pattern: 4 ON and 4 OFF (12 hours per shift)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Access to free financial and mortgage advice
- Shift patterns are shared at least 2 weeks in advance so you can plan your life around work!
- Discounted hotel staff rates
- Two meals per day, every day (including days off if you wish to come in!)
- Great Learning and development opportunities
Renowned for creating memorable moments, Park Plaza caters to both leisure and business travellers with stylish guest rooms and versatile meeting facilities which are perfectly complemented by award-winning restaurants and bars.
Park Plaza. Be part of it.