MY ACCOUNT | CREATE NEW ACCOUNT
Job Level: Team Leader
Job Type: Full Time
Hours per week: 40
Job Reference: req8106
Date Posted: 14 March
In a competitive sector like ours it is essential that our hotels have a strong and strategic support in the financial operations. We are the team that handles all aspects of this complex process and we now have an opportunity for an Assistant Financial Controller to join us.
As our Assistant Financial Controller, you will be expected to:
- Prepare of all monthly management accounts, journal postings, accruals, prepayments, and monthly reports
- Responsible for uploading financial information into SUN, SAP, and Board, ensuring consistency across all systems
- Approval & Finalisation of monthly Balance Sheet and Intercompany reconciliations, investigating and correcting any variances
- Finalise VAT submissions and submit to HMRC in a timely manner
- Intercompany reconciliations and management accounts
- Manage intercompany loans and movements
- Identify opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of existing processes and procedures
- Engage in active collaboration within the finance community to identify opportunities for process improvements and best ways of working
- Support the development and implementation of group-wide finance system & process change projects
- Provide support for internal and external auditors
- Responsible for driving compliance of all Accounting and Financial Controls
- Ensure the accuracy of hotel ledgers and compliance with the accounting practices and procedures as required by corporate policies and procedures, and generally accepted accounting practices
- Ensure that all legal responsibilities are followed with regards to VAT, filing and retention of records etc
Why join us as our Assistant Financial Controller?
- Two wellness days per year, meaning all team members start with 30 days holiday per year (pro rata) - this increases with service!
- Salary: Highly Competitive plus great Benefits
- Two meals per day, every day (including days off if you wish to come in!)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Access to free financial and mortgage advice
- Shift patterns shared at least 2 weeks in advance so you can plan your life around work!
- Discounted hotel staff rate
- Great Learning and development opportunities
Park Plaza caters to both leisure and business travellers with stylish guest rooms and versatile meeting facilities which are perfectly complemented by award-winning restaurants and bars.
Park Plaza. Be part of it.