In a competitive sector like ours it is essential that our hotels have a strong and strategic support in the financial operations. We are the team that handles all aspects of this complex process and we now have an opportunity for an Assistant Financial Controller to join us.
The Assistant Financial Controller works as part of a Performance & Management Reporting team within the regional office reporting to the Head of Performance & Management Reporting. The role supports the HoPMR to ensure accurate and timely business information is available to the Hotel Financial Controllers and corporate office.
As our Assistant Financial Controller, you will be expected to:
- Prepare of all monthly management accounts, journal postings, accruals, prepayments, and monthly reports for the UK & NL in conjunction with the Performance Management & Reporting team
- Approval & Submission of SAP files
- Responsible for uploading financial information into SUN, SAP, and Board, ensuring consistency across all systems
- Approval & Finalisation of monthly Balance Sheet and Intercompany reconciliations, investigating and correcting any variances
- Finalise VAT submissions and submit to HMRC in a timely manner
- Intercompany reconciliations and management accounts
- Manage intercompany loans and movements
- Identify opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of existing processes and procedures
- Engage in active collaboration within the finance community to identify opportunities for process improvements and best ways of working
- Support the development and implementation of group-wide finance system & process change projects
- Provide support for internal and external auditors
- Responsible for driving compliance of all Accounting and Financial Controls
- Ensure the accuracy of hotel ledgers and compliance with the accounting practices and procedures as required by corporate policies and procedures, and generally accepted accounting practices
- Ensure that all legal responsibilities are followed with regards to VAT, filing and retention of records etc
Why join us as our Assistant Financial Controller?
- 30 days holiday a year
- We are ready to invest in you and your future
- Competitive rewards package
- Award-winning training
- Real opportunities to learn grow and develop a rewarding career
Apply now and join the best place to work in hospitality “The Caterer 2021”