Job Level: Team Leader
Job Type: Full Time
Hours per week: 38
Job Reference: req4467
Date Posted: 5 September
Authenticity is at the heart of everything we do. We now have an exciting opportunity for a skilled Junior Sous Chef with a passion for delivering consistent, high-quality food in TOZI Amsterdam, which is located at Park Plaza Vondelpark, Amsterdam.
TOZI Amsterdam; a Venetian-Italian restaurant and bar based on the successful TOZI Restaurant & Bar in Victoria, London. Serving cicchetti (small sharing plates), alongside an all-Italian wine list. TOZI bar offers Italian bubbles, classic Italian cocktails and Venetian aperitivi.
The restaurant is a lively place to come and share great value Italian food with friends and family.
Are you the perfect match?
Your journey so far:
- You are fanatical about standards and genuinely cares about the quality of the food. You can meet the expectations and stay calm under pressure
- You are not afraid to lead, coach and inspire a start-up team (kitchen and stewarding) on an operational level. You will take responsibility in the absence of the Sous Chef, you are also someone who sets a good example by providing training on the job
- You will be ultimately responsible for everything the kitchen prepares. From overseeing and directing the mise-en-place in the afternoon to leading the service in the evening
- Using your culinary skills and attention to detail to maintain high standards in quality, freshness, service, hygiene and Health & Safety is what you do
- Proactive in contributing to menu development and you share fresh ideas for ingredients, dishes and concepts. You will assist the Head Chef and Sous Chef by creating menus’ and making sure that they are in line with the company standards
- Previous experience in a similar role as a Junior Sous Chef / Chef de Partie in the Italian cuisine and with a strong passion for the culture? Perfect!
- You will co-constitutes the kitchen team and will make work schedules
- You will be happy to adapt to special requests or interact face-to-face when the occasion arises
- You share our values: Trust, Respect, Teamwork, Enthusiasm, Commitment and Care
- Hospitality is in your DNA!
Excited? We have more to share!
From us you can expect:
- Discounted hotel and restaurant employee rates
- To support your health, you can use our communal gym facilities for free
- Housing opportunities (temporary)
- You will get your own uniform, to keep it clean you can use our laundry service
- Great Learning & development
- Career opportunities
- Tasty staff meals
- 25 Days of holiday per year on full-time basis
- An extra day off, for your well-being
- Potential Travel allowance
- Competitive salary
We are a highly diverse organisation. For us, it is a source of strength. It keeps us creative. That is why we are working to create an environment where everyone feels included, no matter what their background or orientation. From everyday uplifting moments to unforgettable achievements, and everything in between, we are there every step of the way.
Apply now and join one of the best places to work in hospitality “The Caterer 2021”
Park Plaza. Be part of it.