Join our team of ambitious and driven proactive Groups meeting & Events Sales TEAM.
The Assistant Director of Groups, Meetings & Events Sales is a leadership role, overseeing a very driven team of Sales Specialists in our Cluster department, based in our Corporate Offices by Westminster Bridge. You will report directly into the Director of GME Sales and look after the UK and Netherlands clusters.
Your ultimate goal as the Assistant Director of Groups, Meetings & Events Sales is to achieve the GM&E Budgets for some of the largest and best conference hotels in Europe. You will lead commercial meetings and work closely with the GME Sales Managers, hotel teams and regional functions to drive maximum conversion and profitability.
This role is highly commercial, strategic and fast paced.
What is Included in your role as Assistant Director of Groups, Meetings & Events Sales :
- Under the support and guidance of the relevant Head of Department, maximise profit and client satisfaction by assisting the GM&E Director with the management of the cluster Groups, Meeting & Events Sales department.
- Review the Cluster’s business strategy for all hotels, identify gaps and ensure proactive actions are taken to mitigate risks and exceed targets.
- Ensure that sales leads, conversion of customer enquiries, development of future and repeat business are maximised for all hotels in the UK and Netherlands regions.
- Manage the Groups, Meetings and Events sales team to ensure that they work efficiently and in adherence with our Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and selling strategy.
- Assist the GM&E Director to lead and develop the GM&E Sales team to ensure career progression and succession planning within the Cluster department and PPHE.
- Drive change when needed through the implementation of new projects, aiming to increase revenue generation, customer satisfaction, operational excellence and team engagement.
- To ensure a seamless communication process between the Groups, Meetings and Events Sales teams, Groups Admin and hotel Planning and Operations teams.
- Assist the GM&E Director, ensuring that all demand and pricing calendars and other strategic reports are up-to-date.
- Ensure diary management with particular emphasis on repeat business in the larger hotels to ensure diary is optimised.
Benefits of working for us as a Assistant Director of Groups, Meetings & Events Sales :
- 30 Days of Holiday a year
- A competitive salary
- Discounted hotel staff rates
- Free food on shift
- Great Learning and development opportunities
Apply now and join the best place to work in hospitality "The Caterer 2021